Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Best State to Live in 2010

OK this is going to be one of my quickest - possibly my shortest post ever! I've had a few people ask me What was the Best State to Live in 2010? Now how can I just ignore a question like that?

I did write a an article just a short time ago about The Best States to Live in where according to StateMaster 'Livability Index'the Top State to Live in was New Hampshire. But of course that isn't the only organization ranking the Best Places to Live.


Yahoo Real Estate says Eden Prairie, Minnesota is the Best Place to Live in America 2010 according to MONEY Magazine. Does that make Minnesota the best state to live in? I don't know. It's a bit chilly up there for my liking!

And the Cheapest State to Live in 2010 according to AnswerBag is Arkansas.

2010 Best Places to Live - Forbes chimed in with their report on America's Best States To Live and says Utah earned top marks as the best state. Utah residents are very satisfied with their work, their emotional health and their local communities. Another big factor for Utah's number one spot may be related to the low unemployment rate.


Well there you have it - a clear answer or winner? Not so much! Looks like there are probably as many differing opinions as to which is the Best State to Live in as there are states. And I'm sure there is data that can be presented to justify everyone of those positions! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know which State you think is best and why.

Editors Note: Here's an update you may want to know about. Check out our November 2011 series on the Best States to Live in for a more thorough look at the nations greatest be it the cheapest or the best place to retire we've gone coast to coast to find the best. Check it out and let us know if you agree or disagree with our findings. Also, you can see our picks for the Best Places to Live in the World for 2012.

No comments: