Barcelona has so much to offer visitors. Here is a quick guide to
The Best Places to Visit in Barcelona
- The Picasso Museum - a must see! It has one of the most extensive collections of art by the twentieth century Spanish artist, Picasso.
- Park Guell - this is a pretty garden complex which is filled with unique architecture. It's one of the most romantic places in Barcelona and great for a stroll with your lover.
- La Sagrada = this impressive and very large Catholic church is still not been completed but that hasn't stopped it from being designated a World Heritage Site.
- The Batllo House - sometimes referred to as the 'House of Bones'. This incredible structure truly does have a visceral, skeletal organic quality. It was originally designed and built for a middle class Spanish family in a prosperous district of Barcelona.
- Camp Nou - it's just a football (soccer) stadium but well worth a visit because it's so big! It is very impressive and due to it's size has become world famous.
- The Tibidabo Amusement Park is a perfect place for families to visit. It has an IMAX theatre and the fabulous Magic Fountain of Montjuic.
- Las Ramblas - is a lively street with an abundance of street performers. It makes for a light, fun and happy atmosphere.
- The Olympic port (Ciutadella I Vila Olimpica) - here you'll discover a mix of bars and restaurants and a great casino right on the beach.
Tips for getting around BarcelonaThis is a large city so the best way to get around is by using public transportation. The trains are very safe, easy to use, reasonably priced and run on time. Bus tours are also a good option and will take you to all of the top attractions.
If you do decide to visit the great city of Barcelona be sure to sample all the different "Tapas" (small plates of food) and don't forget to drink plenty of Sangria!
About our Guest Author Becky Padmore: