I was reading through my news feed this morning and came across this interesting piece. Thought I would pass it along.
The 'Daily Cougar' which is the U of Hou student newspaper just published this article on their website about 'Cheap Things To Do in Houston'.
They are looking to help students who don't have a lot of money to get out there and enjoy loife without blowing a ton of cash.
Here are a few of their tips for Cheap Things to do:
1. Play Frisbee Golf. I didn't know this but they say there are Frisbee Golf Course set up all over Houston and most of them arre free.
2. Road Trip! Students can go to Galveston and enjoy the sand bar; play volleyball or just lie around and catch some rays.
3. Visit the Zoo. It may not be free but at $11 it's a pretty cheap way to spend your day.
4. Check out the Museum of Natural Science. Again, not free but cheap at just $7 plus at this time of year you get to see some of the rarest flowers in the world.
5. Finally with summer comes summer music. There are lots of live acts performing all over town.
Now Houston did not make our list of The Cheapest Places to Live in the U.S.A. but it does sound like a fun place to be a student!
To read the whole article you can go here -> Cheap things to do in Houston: thedailycougar.com