The ranking was actually based on UN data which just got released last Monday. The UN report went on to label 'sub-saharan African states' as the worst places to live due to war and HIV/aids.
Notes of interest -
- Life expectancy in Norway is 8o years vs 50 for Niger.
- The ratio of $ per person earned in Norway vs Niger was 85 to 1.
- Japan boasts the longest life span at 82.7 years compared to just 43.6 years in Afganistan.
- Liechtenstein has a GDP of more than $85,000 per capita even though it only has a populaiton of 35,000.
- Norway, Australia and Iceland have the best standard of living in the world.
- Niger, Afghanistan and Sierra Leone have the worst.